12 September 2011

Too Early for Me

While doing my shopping rounds last Saturday, I stopped in the local Aldi for a few staples. As a rounded to corner to head towards the paper goods, I was confronted by a display 1.3 meter wide, 3 meters long and 1.5 meter high of Christmas cookies and other backed goods.
Taken from Norma's Ad starting Sept. 12

The Sunday, I packed up the week-end ad for another grocery store in the area, Norma, and they were advertising Christmas cookies. You can see part of the ad here. Yes, those are Christmas tree ornaments behind those Nürnberger Lebkuchen.

Maybe it just me and others have a driving need for lebkuchen in early September. Or maybe I'm becoming a bit more like Ebenezer Scrooge as I age. But I for one can wait until at least November before feeling it necessary to satisfy my annual cravings for Nürnberger Lebkuchen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your interest in my blog.